Dyno Day 2007

Need to know when the next meet is and other information required for you to attend? Then take a look here!

Moderators: Nismo, 13th-Angel, Axlerod

Dyno Day 2007

Postby Nismo on Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:53 pm

Currently we're looking at booking first or second weekend of June.

Getting a feeler for who would be interested.

Try and keep it on topic as much as possible.

Tentative

- Nismo
- Nave
- Chris Lee (project pending)
"Don't put the power on, till you know you never have to take it off" -- Sir Jackie Stewart
Nismo
NEO240SX Co-founder

Postby Birdman12 on Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:03 pm

hey Alex, is there a "maybe" list? if so put me down. I don't know when i'll be going for basic training and all that fun stuff but i'll keep you posted and let you know when i find out.

Whats the price range going to be for this? 3 pulls right?
Phil

Volcano Black 99.5 Audi A4 1.8T S-Line Quattro
Birdman12
Casual Driver

Postby Nismo on Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:05 pm

I have to double check with Edwin what the price was last time we went... but it was either 70 or 80 bux for 3 pulls with some minor tuning aloud in between each run.
"Don't put the power on, till you know you never have to take it off" -- Sir Jackie Stewart
Nismo
NEO240SX Co-founder

Postby Birdman12 on Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:25 pm

sounds good Nismo! so put me on the maybe list and i'll let you know in time!
Phil

Volcano Black 99.5 Audi A4 1.8T S-Line Quattro
Birdman12
Casual Driver

Postby Nismo on Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:28 pm

Birdman12 wrote:sounds good Nismo! so put me on the maybe list and i'll let you know in time!

Very well.
Nismo
NEO240SX Co-founder

Postby Matt89 on Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:32 pm

*puts on Borat accent*

How much a cost a one run?

If I fix my rich issue, this dyno day will be successful. 100hp or die.

Oops, forgot to mention that I will come as long as I don't work that day, even if it's just to spectate. Would that be OK?
Matt89

Postby mr_240sx on Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:37 pm

right on....well hopefully X will be running a healthy 250rwhp........i should be there!

btw wasnt it 60 bucks last time?
mr_240sx

Postby Nismo on Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:38 pm

Spectators are welcome so long as they don't get in the way of the people on or working the dyno.

There will be no single pulls available.
Nismo
NEO240SX Co-founder

Postby Nismo on Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:39 pm

mr_240sx wrote:right on....well hopefully X will be running a healthy 250rwhp........i should be there!

btw wasnt it 60 bucks last time?

Yeah thats what I need to double check... I don't remember what the price was exactly.
Nismo
NEO240SX Co-founder

Postby Matt89 on Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:59 pm

Alright, well same as Birdman, put me down for the "maybe" list because it all depends on weather I work or not and since we had that bet going, I guess it's worth my 60-80$ to prove that my boat anchor still has some life left in it.
Matt89

Postby Nave on Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:29 pm

It occured to me after we talked that there will be a dyno at the Bing meet from what I recall. I belive Happy240sx owns it so maybe he could step in. For that reason, and only that reason, we may want to do it a week before that meet or a couple weeks after. Reason being, I won't feel much of a need to dyno my car twice in two weeks.

Also, the list should be of people WHO WOULD PAY TO DYNO THEIR CAR. You got three pulls for $70 last time, I am probably going to suggest $80 because of the hassle. I honestly don't know how he can do them this cheap but that is another story.

So, if you are IN with PAYING and WANTING 3 pulls for $80 then put your name down. If you are going to waffle on the price and whether you want to dyno your car at all then YOU ARE A SPECTATOR. Too many wannabe's and back outs. Note: THIS DOES NOT COUNT LEGIT REASONS YOU CAN'T MAKE IT. People in the past have wanted to go but couldn't for family reasons, that is fine. Maybe your car breaks the week before, fine. Hell, I missed the first because of a MAF issue. Just use your best judgement when it comes to the car itself. Example: If you still have to bore the block, buy new pistons, check the CAS, break it in, etc and you haven't built an engine before, chances are you won't make it, don't pretend like you are definetly in, and don't fill this thread with your cars progress. If you did a few things and the car runs, or you did a complete overhaul and are confident/have past experiences that would lead you to believe it will be a runner, post away.

Having said all that I think this will turn out to be the best dyno day we have had, as you would expect. I know a couple people that are in pending availability. One has two cars that are running, the other has two cars that aren't even started yet but I am very they confident they will be running for the dyno day.

To sum it up, here is the break down as I see it:

People who are in:

Nismo
Nave (one for sure, maybe a snatch)
Chris (Nave's friend, two cars)
Mark (Nave's neighbour, two cars)

On the fence still for one reason or another:

Birdman12
Matt89
mr_240sx

Spectators:

Not sure

Feel free to move your name around as you see fit but please keep in mind what I said above.

If we get a lot of interest I think a bbq would be a great idea. It is a great time just watching the pulls and seeing how close people get to what they expected. The noise and hanging out is worth it alone so if you aren't busy it is free fun, be a spectator.

The sooner we get interest the sooner we will fix a date. Only the people who are IN should be picking a day that works best. We don't want to pick a day that works best for people that are likely not to show.

That was a lot of typing.
- 90 Coupe a la SR
- 90 Coupe a la KA
Nave
NEO Member

Postby Gahzi on Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:39 pm

Write me down as a spectator, it was fun the last time I went.

As for bbq, I am most certainly interested as well :cool:
Gahzi
Primary Driver

Postby bartyb on Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:44 pm

I'm in as a spectator as well, and as a participant for the bbq.
bartyb
NEO Hardcore Crew

Postby Nave on Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:57 pm

People who are in:
Nismo
Nave (one for sure, maybe a snatch)
Chris (Nave's friend, two cars)
Mark (Nave's neighbour, two cars)

On the fence still for one reason or another:
Birdman12
Matt89
mr_240sx

Spectators:
Gahzi
Bartyb
- 90 Coupe a la SR
- 90 Coupe a la KA
Nave
NEO Member

Postby Mamba on Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:10 pm

spectating and a bbq sounds great. put me down for both. :snack:
Last edited by Mamba on Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mamba
Casual Driver

Next

Return to Event Information