sr20det waterpump

Have problems with your car? Have questions about the inner workings of your car and/or would like to know theories and technical aspects of how things work, ask away here!

Moderators: Nismo, 13th-Angel, Axlerod

sr20det waterpump

Postby bartyb on Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:32 pm

Is the water pump from the 91 SR20DE from the nx or 200sx exactly the same part as the one form the sr20det? it might fit, but is it the same part number? Mine started leaking, so it's time for a new one.

Also, my fuel tank strap broke, I was thinking of making one out of a stainless strap, did anyone here ever make his own?

Thanks
bartyb
NEO Hardcore Crew

Re: sr20det waterpump

Postby MRWmotorsports on Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:43 pm

bartyb wrote:Is the water pump from the 91 SR20DE from the nx or 200sx exactly the same part as the one form the sr20det? it might fit, but is it the same part number? Mine started leaking, so it's time for a new one.

Also, my fuel tank strap broke, I was thinking of making one out of a stainless strap, did anyone here ever make his own?

Thanks

No difinative answer on the water pump, but I'd suspect they are different... just order the right one off of one of the 35000 places on the Web that sells them.
As for the tank strap, go for it. I seem to remember re-using the ends and replacing the broken strap part, but nothing fancy like stainless...

-Martin.
MRWmotorsports
NEO Hardcore Crew

Postby bartyb on Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:36 pm

Thanks Martin.

Is it true that the S14 RWD SR20DET water pump fits an S13 block and is an upgrade?
bartyb
NEO Hardcore Crew

Postby spd-dmn on Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:12 pm

iirc the rwd pump is specific to rwd SRs

the s14 pump has a recessed back plate behind the impeller (while the back plate on the s13 sr pump is flat), which is supposed to reduce cavitation at high rpm

it fits right up. i believe it has an extra bolt hole but silicone seals it up just fine

i have one in my engine
-Mike
spd-dmn
NEO Member

Return to Technical Questions