NEW MEMBERS: POST YOUR INTRO'S HERE!

240sx Owners and general Chat section.

Moderators: Nismo, 13th-Angel, Axlerod

Postby Dan510 on Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:23 pm

:grin: Thanks guys....Yeah thats me at the scotia bank place

I can't wait to do it again...
Hey Mark(markatos) long time no speak...man I shoulda bought that ecm from you when I had the chance :oops:

here is a link to the 510 site/club that I'm in from B.C.

http://www.the510realm.com/index.php?set_albumName=album15&name=gallery&include=view_album.php

The pics are outdated, I will uprage in the spring.

510's and Z's are definitaly a rare commodity in these parts, but I know where there are quite a few z's that can be had for low to high bucks 510's not so much :sad:

A few of you have likely seen my buddy Vince bombing around in his red 72' 510 in Ottawa and Orleans... Sad story, he had a mint! 510 that he bought from a guy in vernon that was bone stock original... so I gave him some 200sx wheels that I had laying around, you know..to spruce it up a little, so anyway he's on his way to my shop In Casselman with the wheels I gave him to have them installed and if he didn't grab the shoulder on the 417 overcorrect and roll the friggin' thing :sad: thank god Vince didn't get hurt but the car was toast... Man what a bummer...

So for the few days /weeks that vince had the first dime, his mailman told him he had a 510 that was sitting in his garage at home, the car had just been painted frsh out of the booth then parked in his home garage for 20 years :!: it had sank into the garage floor and the floor was rotten but other than that in decent shape, So vince picked it up, spent the whole winter putting floors in it, transferred everything from the rolled car to the "new" car and had it out for the spring time.. :cool:

I'd been working on mine for 3 years by then and vince had gone through 2 in 1 year.. he was out driving his car 2 years before mine ever saw the light of day.

Anyway thats Vinces story... If you see him around say Hi.

I'll post any findings on here for those who are interested...
Later, Dan
Dan510
G2 Licence holder

Postby Nismo on Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:08 pm

Yeah, I know Vince well.

His little brother and my little brother go to school together. The orange one was definitly an awesome car. Glad to hear hes got another one now.

We'll need to chat about those Z's... a '74 240z would be fantastic.
"Don't put the power on, till you know you never have to take it off" -- Sir Jackie Stewart
Nismo
NEO240SX Co-founder

Postby Dan510 on Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:05 pm

The orange one is the "new" one...

It was the "green machine" machine that got destroyed...

I plan to go to your first get together and bring Vince (and his car) along as well.

I spotted a back 280-z on old St-Joseph blvd in Orleans a couple weeks ago, not a perfect car but decent enough...best of all no plates on it!!

I'll go knock on his door and "pop the question" unless somebody on this board knows the car/owner... :?:
Dan510
G2 Licence holder

Postby thetest on Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:49 pm

Hello guys, im new to the site, but i might not be new to nismo or his bro, DJ Blitz... Alex, Sergio, remember that guy Vince that lived next to your house b4 2000? well that guy is me, Vince Joly lol... Been a while eh?...i was surfin the net lookin for a car (which i need BAD!!!) and i wandered upon this site...however i didnt know this site was the work of alex until i saw the name DJ Blitz (which reminded me of Sergio), which the name clicked in my mind, Alex's 240SX popped in my head and then everything fell into place... so here i am... Right now im an Automotive service technician apprentice at la Cite Collegiale (a french college), i also work part time at Belisle Chevs Cadillac... Sergio, i gotta hand it to u, cuz u got me into cars... and I thank you! i love cars, and the mechanics of a car especially transmissions (anything with gears)... so yeah...heh im a man of few words... oh one more thing Sergio, i know u went crazy when Italy took the world cup...but zidane's coup de boule was ill lol!
"If it is enough for you to be you, you will be free from the expectations and opinions of others."
thetest
Casual Driver

Postby Stringbean on Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:36 pm

thetest wrote:Hello guys, im new to the site, but i might not be new to nismo or his bro, DJ Blitz... Alex, Sergio, remember that guy Vince that lived next to your house b4 2000? well that guy is me, Vince Joly lol... Been a while eh?...i was surfin the net lookin for a car (which i need BAD!!!) and i wandered upon this site...however i didnt know this site was the work of alex until i saw the name DJ Blitz (which reminded me of Sergio), which the name clicked in my mind, Alex's 240SX popped in my head and then everything fell into place... so here i am... Right now im an Automotive service technician apprentice at la Cite Collegiale (a french college), i also work part time at Belisle Chevs Cadillac... Sergio, i gotta hand it to u, cuz u got me into cars... and I thank you! i love cars, and the mechanics of a car especially transmissions (anything with gears)... so yeah...heh im a man of few words... oh one more thing Sergio, i know u went crazy when Italy took the world cup...but zidane's coup de boule was ill lol!

Vince, check your private messages :P .
Stringbean
Mixologist formerly known as DJ Blitz

Postby Nismo on Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:55 pm

thetest wrote:Hello guys, im new to the site, but i might not be new to nismo or his bro, DJ Blitz... Alex, Sergio, remember that guy Vince that lived next to your house b4 2000? well that guy is me, Vince Joly lol... Been a while eh?...i was surfin the net lookin for a car (which i need BAD!!!) and i wandered upon this site...however i didnt know this site was the work of alex until i saw the name DJ Blitz (which reminded me of Sergio), which the name clicked in my mind, Alex's 240SX popped in my head and then everything fell into place... so here i am... Right now im an Automotive service technician apprentice at la Cite Collegiale (a french college), i also work part time at Belisle Chevs Cadillac... Sergio, i gotta hand it to u, cuz u got me into cars... and I thank you! i love cars, and the mechanics of a car especially transmissions (anything with gears)... so yeah...heh im a man of few words... oh one more thing Sergio, i know u went crazy when Italy took the world cup...but zidane's coup de boule was ill lol!

HOLY COW VINCE!... welcome to NEO. Might I suggest looking into a 240sx for your first car? Eh? Eh? :wink: Good to hear from you and good to hear you are now dedicating time to cars! Feel free to come down and see us this Summer. We hang out at Medowlands and Merivale (the local cruise spot) every friday nigth when the weather is nice and warm.

Say "Hi" to your Dad and your Sis for me.

Alex
"Don't put the power on, till you know you never have to take it off" -- Sir Jackie Stewart
Nismo
NEO240SX Co-founder

Postby Matt89 on Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:26 pm

Such a small world! I know Vince because he was in my shop class last year, even though we didn't really talk.

Welcome aboard! :mrgreen:
Matt89

Postby blackfoot on Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:22 am

hey guys im a newb too!!

i just bought a 93 240sx rolling shell! its a little rough, but i got some plans for it.. im a 3rd eyar apprentice technician for donnelly fleet and comercial repair center in ottawa. ive done a couple SR20 swaps for friends. but im still learning the art of the 240.

i heard great things about this site and hope to get along with you guys and come to your meets.. (even without a 240, because mine probobly wont be rolling untill sometime next year)
93 240sx (project RB25)
blackfoot
G2 Licence holder

Re: NEW MEMBERS: POST YOUR INTRO'S HERE!

Postby elroy on Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:54 am

ello,
my name is mark, got the nickname elroy in highschool
from london, and active with the few 240 guys there
i go to fanshawe college for mech eng tech (design)
moving up to ottawa janurary 1st untill september for a co-op job
i drive a 1990 240sx hatch with vlsd, and the motor is a sohc block and pistons, with dohc top,
compression ratio is supposed to be around 11:1, pulls harder than stock, so good enough for me,
hope to meet up with some of you guys when i move up

cheers
mark (elroy)
elroy
G2 Licence holder

Postby Nismo on Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:13 am

Welcome elroy... enjoy the mayhem.
Nismo
NEO240SX Co-founder

Postby ronnys13 on Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:06 am

Hey, my names Ronald but call me Ron, i go to algonquin for the mechanic apprenticeship program, its actually my last year in august then i get my papers :). I drive a 1990 240sx hb, got it on the road right before winter and gonna start my project next winter, putting an Ls1 and t-56 in it, getting the engine in a month or two. I also have a Cadi wich i let my mom drive until i start the project. Im 19 and dont drive like it, rarely ever street race unless theres no cars on the road and thats why ive never gotten one ticket so far, i pay 200$ a month for those 2 cars :) pretty good compared to all my friends. I love muscle cars and alot of the rwd imports and that why i have this 240sx and thats why im putting a gm enigne in it, ill have a bit of both worlds. My dad has a 67 camaro wich he restores himself i think every 5 years so well be doing the project at his house and it will be very clean, i hate body kits so there wont be any on mine exept for wide fenders since ill need all the tire space i can get. Well thats all ill say about me or my project hope i get to know some of you, i actually dont know any other 240 owners in ottawa.
ronnys13
G2 Licence holder

Postby Nismo on Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:08 pm

Welcome Ron.

Sounds like an interesting project.

Keep us up to date.
Nismo
NEO240SX Co-founder

Postby bartyb on Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:56 pm

Welcome Ron, looks like you have a great project in your mind, the ls1 is getting more and more popular with our chassis, so moper and more info, even kits are available, there is one member that has gone this route on here...
Remember to take pics of your process, it's always great to see a build process, and it also makes it easier for you to remember how a particular thing was done, or what was used.
Good luck with it.
bartyb
NEO Hardcore Crew

Postby Speed_Freak on Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:34 pm

Hey guys!! I'm Paula. I currently drive an 06 Sentra but I am looking to get a 240 in the near furture. I'm new to this whole car scene but am definitely willing to learn so any information anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanx :)
Speed_Freak
G2 Licence holder

Postby red98s14 on Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:59 pm

Hi Paula welcome aboard. There's lots of good info here. Please use the search function.
red98s14
Safety Nazi

PreviousNext

Return to Chat