NEW MEMBERS: POST YOUR INTRO'S HERE!

240sx Owners and general Chat section.

Moderators: Nismo, 13th-Angel, Axlerod

NEW MEMBERS: POST YOUR INTRO'S HERE!

Postby 13th-Angel on Tue Dec 10, 2002 7:12 pm

To New NEO members,

Here at NEO240SX, we want to get to know who you are, what you drive, and why you drive it. So dont be shy, give us an intro, because we wanna know what your all about!

Hit the reply button on the phpBB window to make your first intropost today!

Please note that:
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD!
Please do not post replys within this thred or it will be deleted. If you have an inquiry, the post a new thread please.

Cheers!
Last edited by 13th-Angel on Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
- Chris Chan
NEO240SX Co-Founder
GTRC Co-Founder
CHRISTOPHER-CHAN.BLOGSPOT.COM
13th-Angel
NEO240SX Founder

Postby Axlerod on Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:10 pm

Well I'm not that new, but Ill give you some background anyways.

Paul, I'm 19, going to university in Windsor, but I live in Carleton Place.
Im nuts about cars, and always thought 240's were cool whenever I read about them (subscriber to R&T since 1996), even though they didnt get super reviews.

I drive a 1991 240 LE hatchback. Its champaigne in colour, and has no mods except for no mechanical fan, and no y-pipe. her name is Hannah.
Eventually I want to to a CA18 swap, with a t28.

When I bought her, I wasn't aware that they are becoming poplular (somewhat). I just new I didnt want a civic (ew), or an Integra, because everyone has those... I saw an affordable rwd coupe that I don't feel any car in its class betters it in styling. This is one sweet looking car. Note that I like s13 hatches more than any s14 (I *love* pop up lights). Anyways, I test drove an auto in BC and was sold on the handling, its so good. Just needed a manual trans. Which my car has, and now here I am, many rust repairs later, but still with a giant smile on my face.
Last edited by Axlerod on Tue Dec 10, 2002 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul
Axlerod
Grammar Police

Postby Keo on Tue Dec 10, 2002 11:10 pm

Hey guys! I don't really know what to say about myself but here goes...

My name is Kevin Boucher, I'm 20 years old and I live across the river in Gatineau. I'm presently studying in cinematography at College de L'Outaouais in Hull ( god damn daily traffic =p ) and school is finishing in a bit more than a week now! hwee ;) I'm just your average guy who loves cars, girls and initial d and such =p Oh and I study/teach kung fu on tuesdays, thursdays and saturdays... it's been more than 3 years and a half now and I'm the senior student.

My first ride in a 240sx was back in 1989 when my sister had bought a new one with her husband. ( she's 32 right now =) ) I remember that even at the age of 7, my head would touch the rear windshield when we passed over bumps hehehe Well now it's my turn to drive up front and I don't give a damn about the room behind =p I bought my 240sx almost 6 months ago and I'm liking it! It's an 1989 dark blue and it's it good shape... not excellent but good ;) The only thing I don't like is the front bumper design of the 89-90 model hehe. I had to learn to drive standard after I bought it hehe and I learned in 2 nights.

Oh and I find that initial d is the best damn series I've seen in a long time... I own the first and second seasons, plus movie, plus extra stage and battle stage on dvd. I got most of my friends to watch it all =p they're not really into cars either but they really loved the series.

Umm what else... hehe My plans for my car is to have an sr swap eventually, a new skyline-like blue paint job, gp sports sonic body kit or c-west kit, type x wing, some tein coils or something alike and ofcourse some gunmetal or bronze rims.

edit- I forgot to add... I can't believe I drove up to montreal and back during a snow storm ( took 4 hours and a half to come back ) with 4 of my friends in my car!! I can't believe they fitted. We were 5 in a 240sx... thats scary.
Keo
Official NEO Cinematographer

Postby S13Kid on Thu Dec 12, 2002 9:19 pm

Here's my story,

My name is Paul Hoover, I'm 21 years old, and live in Mississauga. I currently attend Sheridan college in Brampton (or what I like to call Bramladeshn :P ) and have only had my 93' 240SX HB for about 4 months now. (1st car BTW.)

I have had a passion for cars for as long as I can remember, and am not bios towards any import, or domestic. I love em both for what they do so differently.

When shopping for my car, I honestly couldn't find a better bang for the buck car than the 240. Of coarse there's a lot more power to be had from a V8 for example, but the combination of good looks, handling, and moderate quickness it had sold me on the spot.

:)
S13Kid
SON240SX Member

Postby TegGSR96 on Thu Dec 19, 2002 2:19 am

Well im not really a member so if a mod wants to delete my post you can.. My name is Alex, i just turned 18, still in my last year of highschool (last generation that has to do OAC). My previous car was a 96 silver integra gs-r.. my first time at the track with crappy conditions i did a 15.500@91mph.. i regretably trashed my car recently (car spun out on black ice, and i hit a fire hydrant and a pole). My car is a write off and im currently looking into buying a 240sx (and to do an SR20DET swap down the road).. well thats my story.. anyways im looking into buying an s14 240sx..
Alex
Silver Integra GS-R;
15.500@91mph (100% stock - crappy track conditions)
TegGSR96
Casual Driver

Postby fastone on Sun Jan 05, 2003 1:49 am

Hey guys my name is Paul, I'm Phils(philttz)friend from Kingston, Sorry I don't have a 240 or a Nissan for that matter. I hear a lot of good stuff about the 240 from Phil so I thought I check out your forum. The speed limiter topic cought my eye so I thought I post a picture of a Dsm speedo..BTW Phil's car is getting faster and faster every day.
fastone

Postby Sidekick on Sun Jan 05, 2003 11:38 pm

Hello again! :D

I know I didn't post much yet do to the fact that i've been on vacation without thinking about anything (needed that for a while). Hope everyone had a great Xmas and I'll take this opportunity to wish everyone a great new year!
Just to make it more official, here's another little intro. I'm a machinist from Gatineau working in east Ottawa, just finished the course in april. I drive an all original '90 240sx. I purchased the car (last may) without any intention of upgrading it. But I sort of like the idea of a small rear wheel drive car and fell in love with it, aspecially when cornering. Being a mechanic (took a course back in '95) and sort of a mod freak (would probably mod up a ''weed wacker'' if had the chance to) I decided to go for a swap (KA24E to a KA24DE eventually KA24DET) that I started already. If everything goes well, the engine should be ready to receive a turbo by early spring.
Can't wait to be driving on dry roads and see other swaps this coming spring. Anyway just wanted to say hello to everyone and I'll be looking forward to meet again soon!

Bye for now! :)
Sidekick
NEO Member

Postby puremethod on Thu Jan 09, 2003 11:29 pm

Hi.
Im new to this board here. To tell you little about myself... My name is Jordan and I live in Ottawa ( merivale type area). I do not currently own a 240sx, but I am currently looking at purchasing one (91-93) anytime between now and June. Im on a very limited budget as I am a student but ive been drawn in to 240s by friends that do or have owned them.

And I hope you guys dont mind, but I will have plenty of questions!
puremethod
G2 Licence holder

Postby nickroy on Tue Jan 14, 2003 11:34 pm

I well I don't know what to say about myself...

K, my name is Nicholas Roy and I live in Gatineau (Qc). I love cars...I have a passion for it! My ride is a manual 1991 240SX orange Lamborghini + body kit of type Bomex (wich some people have seen)... I'm gonna change the engine on the 27th for an SR + a turbo ( between 310 and 350 HP)... I have a lot of plans for my car but just don't have the $$ ! So I guess I'll have to wait to do some car show with it... :lol:

Anyway... thats me!

Later,
Nick
"THE" 240SX in the region...
nickroy
G2 Licence holder

Postby silverS13 on Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:34 am

Hey my name is Jason Walker, 26, married, living down here in T.O. I currently taking the Auto Tech Prog at Centennial College here. Learing to take care of my baby :D

I guess I kinda lucked out when I brought my '89 coupe about 3 years ago. Just saw it sitting there on the lot, and I fell in love right away. Had never really even seen one before then, I was a compete 240 n00b :D

Had no idea about 240's or their JDM background. But soon after I started looking around and getting into the whole 240 thing. Love the car, its the most fun thing to drive on the road :D

I'm really into the whole JDM, drift, Initial D thing now :D
Hopefully in a year or so, will pulling my baby completely apart for a complete rebuild/conversion :D
silverS13
G2 Licence holder

Postby RavingZeus on Wed Jan 29, 2003 7:12 am

I'am not new, but I don't post here often...

First of all let talk a little bit about me.... I'am 27 years old and I live in Hull, I just came in this city in last October, before that I was living in montreal, I had to come over here for my work, i'am working for AT&T Canada as a Cisco Troubleshooting Technician. A big thanks to KEN on this board who found me a beautiful appartment to live in Hull ... I'am a proud member of the http://www.npclub.com board!!!!

Now let's talk about my baby, I have a '91 240SX SE Hicas, I bought it 4 years ago, I don,t use it during winter time, my winter beater is a Cavalier '94... CRAP, I don't have a lot of modif on my 240 sx, I have 18" RS6 Enkei Wheels, with Eibach 2.2" drop, also Front and Rear Pilot Strut bar, some simple stuff like, p-flow, sport muffler.... I really like my 240 for it's handling, with the Hicas system and my set-up it's simply incredible!!! This summer I'am thinking about removing my 4 years old BIG wing and replace it with NOTHING or something really simple... than I think about buying the PDM front lip too, I was looking to buy a complete C-West body kit, but after asking every salers in Canada it seams that'S a too big challenge to sale this here... and I don't wan't to pay to much by taking it from the states... only for shipping and duty taxes it will be too expensive...

Anyway, that's it... you will see me more often this summer, when my baby will be out...
Winter: S13 coupe '91 aka '89 ---------- Summer: S13 hatch SuperHicas '91
RavingZeus
Casual Driver

Postby RavingZeus on Wed Jan 29, 2003 7:44 pm

johnnyz wrote:Zeus,

Phil at Mach1 Motorsports can set you up with C-west. Biz's sideskirts are C-west. Also too, Chris Chan has a great urethane lip like PDM's for sale, check the classifieds for a picture.

Thanks... but for Mach1 I sent him 5 e-mail and ken too and we never get any respond...
Winter: S13 coupe '91 aka '89 ---------- Summer: S13 hatch SuperHicas '91
RavingZeus
Casual Driver

Postby 13th-Angel on Wed Jan 29, 2003 7:52 pm

Hope Phil's reading these.. :?
- Chris Chan
NEO240SX Co-Founder
GTRC Co-Founder
CHRISTOPHER-CHAN.BLOGSPOT.COM
13th-Angel
NEO240SX Founder

Postby red98s14 on Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:23 pm

Phil's always been quick to respond to anything sent to

sales@mach1motorsports.ca
red98s14
Safety Nazi

Postby Remedyz on Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:53 pm

Hey all. Im new to the forum :x

Im in the market for a 240 sx. I was lookin around and came in to check out the classifieds. I figured I might as well register to, so I can talk with some of you guys about the prices of cars I might come across or anything else (so i dont get action jacksoned). ^-^
Remedyz
G2 Licence holder

Next

Return to Chat