Toyota FT-86 Revealed in Leaked Brochure

240sx Owners and general Chat section.

Moderators: Nismo, 13th-Angel, Axlerod

Toyota FT-86 Revealed in Leaked Brochure

Postby Nismo on Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:45 pm

There have been so many versions of this car... I wish they would just release it already.

Dying to know what the production Toyota FT-86 will look like? Here's the closest look yet.

These scanned images are from a Modellista brochure; Modellista being an in-house tuning arm of Toyota. That said, it's not the production version that will debut at the upcoming Tokyo Motor Show, but a modified version of the car, sporting an aero kit and several other accessories.

Read the whole story and see the photos at AutoGuide.com
"Don't put the power on, till you know you never have to take it off" -- Sir Jackie Stewart
Nismo
NEO240SX Co-founder

Re: Toyota FT-86 Revealed in Leaked Brochure

Postby DJPyro on Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:57 pm

Yeah, and the BRZ that is being released is apparently reskinned in every body panel and doesn't actually look like the release version either. It's an exciting car to be sure, but they've hyped it too much now. Unless it's got M1 performance and a Corolla price tag, they've shot themselves in the foot IMO. It'll sell, but I don't think 5+ years of hype, and the same car under 2 brands is going to do well for either of them as far as sales. And from what I've been reading, the BRZ is the one to go with anyway.
Wishin' for a coupe...
DJPyro
Primary Driver

Re: Toyota FT-86 Revealed in Leaked Brochure

Postby Axlerod on Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:31 am

This is meant to be the interior from the "leaked" brochure...

Paul
Axlerod
Grammar Police

Return to Chat